Map & Directions
The University of North Texas - the alma mater of former Pittsburgh Steeler "Mean" Joe Greene, former wrestler "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, and main filming location for the 1991 football film Necessary Roughness. It is also home to Fouts Field, where the Mean Greenplayed their home games from 1952-2010. Apogee Stadium opened its doors in 2011 to the team!
This is not a function of the University of North Texas.
Ground Transportation & Shuttle Service
- Amtrak - Texas Eagle Line to Dallas Station (40 miles from campus)
- Greyhound - Denton Travel Center
- Bus Routes - DCTA Commuter Express Bus-travels from Denton to Dallas, Carrollton & Lewisville Mon-Fri
- Shuttle Service - Transportation is available to and from the airport at a discounted rate through Super Shuttle. Just use the Sports International Discount Code EJLZN when reserving your shuttle service for your camper for a 10% discount off the normal rate. You can reserve online or call 1-800-BLUEVAN for more information.
- Comfort Inn Near UNT (940-320-5150) www.csdentontx.com(1.6 miles from campus)
- Super 8 (940-380-8888) www.super8.com (2.5 miles from campus)
- Courtyard by Marriott Denton (940-382-4600) www.marriott.com (2.4 miles from campus)
- La Quinta Inn (940-808-0444) www.LQ.com (walking distance to campus)